الجمعة، 23 سبتمبر 2011

5 Great Eye Makeup Tricks



I know some people can go without make-up altogether, or maybe just a touch of tinted moisturizer, and that’s awesome. But I am not one of those people.
I need to put on concealer, foundation and something on the eyes. Even if it’s just a touch of mascara, I feel like my look–no matter how scrubby it is–is not complete without eye make-up. Plus, I am not awake until I physically force my eyes open with the mascara wand.
So, yep, with all the time I’ve spent perfecting my eye make-up, finding the right hues to go with my skin tone and eye color, and jabbing myself in the eye with a tool (which hurts), you’d be right in saying I have a few great tips for you. Here they are…
1. There’s an order to things when it comes to your eye make-up: lash curler, eye liner/shadow, mascara. If you get out of order, chaos will ensue. So, don’t! If you curl your lashes after you line your eyes, there will be a little break of make-up at the lash line. If you apply liner or shadow after you put on mascara, you’re likely to either mess up your perfect lashes by slightly pulling them awry with the pencil, or sprinkle colored powder dust on your pretty mascara. Stick to the order.
2. Want even curlier lashes? Then curl them a second time after you finish with your mascara routine. “Wait!” you say. “Won’t that damage my lashes or pull them out?” …Nope! Not if you wait five minutes so they aren’t tacky anymore.
3. Think about your eye shape. If there’s very little of your upper lid showing when you have your eyes open, like me, it’s better to avoid liner or choose a brown shade. If there’s a lot of lid, then feel free to use black–and liner will look great. If your eyes are close-set, apply your liner just on the outer corners of your eyes. Otherwise, line the whole eye. And when in doubt? A classic eye shadow in a brown or bronze tone that’s just a few shades darker than your skin tone will always work.
4. Mascara is a process. Make sure to start with the first coat, which should be all about separating and lifting the lashes. Let it dry. Then, the second coat is about thickening and lengthening. Let it dry. If need be, coat the top part or tips of your lashes. Let it dry. Then, add a clear mascara to eliminate smudges. Finally, say it with me now, “Let it dry!”
5. Finally? Don’t get in a rut. Even if you find an eye routine that works great for you, if you never try anything new you’ll never find something that works better. There are so many great tricks and products–take a (little) risk!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق