الجمعة، 23 سبتمبر 2011

Applying Blush and Other Makeup Beauty Tips for Cheeks


I’d like to think of myself as simplistic when I need to be. I used to tell people that I absolutely needed to wear concealer, foundation and mascara everyday, but that was it. I could make do with those three items.
Well, I realized today that it’s totally not true. I need one more thing… Cheek color!
How could I forget this essential component to an everyday make-up routine?! There’s nothing pretty about a washed-out complexion. Here’s how to get the most gorgeous kiss of color.
1. There’s a color for every season… Well, not exactly every season. But you should have two shades of blush based on your skin tone at specific times during the year. For the tanned skin of summertime, you should use a shimmery bronzer. For winter, fall and spring, a pink blush is your go-to.
2. Think about your skin tone. If you’ve got a porcelain complexion, try a peach-colored blush. If you have a medium skin tone, go a little darker with a light pink or coral shade. If you have dark skin, a rose tone will look pretty. As a basic rule, the lighter your skin, the softer the color should be.
3. Creamy blush will give you a subtle glow. If you’re a girl who loves to look natural, try a creamy or liquid blush. The barely-there look makes it seem like your cheeks are glowing from within. It almost looks like that pretty color after you’ve just worked out or went outside in the wind. Just one tip? Make sure to set it with a tiny bit of powder in the same shade to make it last all day.
4. Pink is a great blush shade, lip shade and eye shade… but don’t match your make-up. I don’t like to ever use true pink on my eyes or lips, because I use that on my cheeks during the winter months! You should avoid using the same shade, too. It’s too much of a good thing if you’re wearing ‘petal’ lipstick, eye color and cheek color. And it will look undoubtedly best when swiped on as blush. So, don’t match your make-up. At least mix up your pinks if you’re keeping it in the same family. (For example, a deep pink lip, a pale pink blush and a blush pink eye would work.)
5. Know how to apply your blush! The proper way to apply blush is on the apples of the cheeks, heading backward. In order to easily see the apples, smile as you’re looking in the mirror. Then, move your blush brush in small circles, working back toward your temples. The color should be most prominent on the apples, and less visible the further back on your cheek you go.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق